hit counter
Crimsonology

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Its 3AM and i have just awaken from a deeeeeep sleep as a result of the Design Orientation Training Camp! Kinda hit the sack immediately the moment i gobbled up my packet of Kuay Teow from Bedok Market....

ANYWAY. Orientation camp (One) was pretty fun. Day one was a great icebreaking session, along with the fellowship some of us enjoyed staying past "lights out" time and basically just chatting the night away, playing cards.. that kinda thing. There are some friends that you just really appreciate and spending time with them in the simplest ways are sometimes the best ways.

Day Two was less desirable, however necessary and more mentally stimulating. Activities were pretty good, planning games and conceptualizing concepts for the camp in split up Sub-Comm groups. The day basically went from some short brainstorming,to a 3 hour presentation, and finally a conclusion from Moses and Vani. Camp was on a total quite fruitful and fun i guess, and i think the most important part of it is that i've probably come to accept better how some of us won't make it to DOTC2.

This camp, (along with many others) forced me to come out of my shell. Doing this is hard, and i sometimes it gets frustrating, (moreso confusing though). I don't talk much, and i pretty much would rather sit down conceptualise and enjoy the sharing of others. I understand though that in a camp, everyone's gotta put out some noise and work together and for that ill keep working at it! Oh, and i think ill have to work on my blurness too. For camp periods, i have to really focus and make myself appear to be listening when people speak to me...

Anyway, on to some other stuff.
Two great songs have been stuck in my head for the past week. The moment i woke up awhile ago, i slapped my Itunes open and headed straight to them. The first, is
Lack Of Color by DeathCab For Cutie. I love the whole feel to the song, specially the sound of beachheads and waves alongside the acoustic guitars at the beginning. Lyrics wise i cant stop thinking about it too.
I guess the last verse of the song pretty much sums up the essence of the song.

To call at 7:03 and on your machine I slur a plea for you to come home
But i know it's too late
I should have given you a reason to stay
Given you a reason to stay


Next, an old song that i actually remembered via flipping through my old choir scores last week and chancing upon.
The original musician, happens to be banjo playing extraordinnair and talented vocalist... Kurmit the Frog! This song was first heard by children and adults alike around the world when the Muppet Movie was released. The song known to everyone as,


The Rainbow Song.



My preferred version is the composition by Jazz Pianist Peter Cincotti. The song is actually really beautiful, specially with its simple and yet meaningful lyrics that really touch you and perhaps lead to some deep thought. I guess it has reached me on this level as this song has meant many things for me, specially from better days long past.

Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side
Rainbow's are visions
They're only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some chose to
Believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see.


Great song.

Hereon out, things are gonna get pretty packed. The Acoustic(for now) Set at Regent Hotel for the Alumni Party, Photography/Marketing modules, Chinese New Year, Jazz practice, Projects.... Heads up Christian! You gotta be on your toes!
For tomorrow though, it's town with Veron.

Til next time
Christian.







Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]